Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Purpose For Writing

I must admit I have a lot of difficulty with blogs. I've read some that were incredibly insightful; where the author didn't just talk about him or herself but engaged the issues and made it something larger than himself. I've read some on the other side of the spectrum that were vain and where the author mainly talked about what they ate that day and who they hung out with. 

I want this blog to be the former. I want it to be a place where I can express my thoughts but also a place where the reader feels like they are part of a larger discussion. My hope is this blog will be a place where I can record my theological, political, and every day musings and enable a rich discussion that is edifying to the reader and to God. All of that leads into the title of this blog. 

The threshing floor has rich connotations in the Bible, The threshing floor is where the grain was removed from the husk and the tares (or false grain) were separated from the wheat. It was an important place of activity in an agricultural society like ancient Israel. It was associated with blessing because during the harvest all the wheat was sent there to be processed. It was also a place where significant events occurred in the life of Israel. While Gideon wasn't in an actual threshing floor when beating out wheat, because of the threat of the Midianites, he was threshing wheat when the Angel of the Lord appeared to him saying he would save the Israelites from the Midian's (Judges 6:11-14). 

God also allowed David to purchase the threshing floor from the Jebusite and use it as the location of the temple (Chronicles 3:1). So the threshing floor was in some respects a place where the people met with God. Thus, the name of this blog reflects my desire to be a place of blessing and where God manifests His presence. I hope those of you reading this blog are edified by the discussions.

God Bless,
Adam Kaczor   

4 comments:

  1. Adam, I'm looking forward to reading what you have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of this blog, and look forward to sifting through the truth from false with your insight in the Word Adam. It is awesome you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of this blog, and look forward to sifting through the truth from false with your insight in the Word Adam. It is awesome you are doing this!

    ReplyDelete